My friends and family have been a great help to me for this assignment. Through a friend, I have already established email communication with a lovely woman in Canada who is the owner and director of her own preschool. In addition to my Canadian contact, my father-in-law has reached out via email on my behalf to his friend in Russia, whose wife is a preschool teacher. We are awaiting their response. Lastly, my aunt has reached out on Facebook to her friend who lives in Romania and is a preschool teacher. This friend is currently in the United States while her daughter is on scholarship here. If this is helpful to my classmates, I broadly posted on Facebook my request for professional contacts, as opposed to sending out targeted requests to friends. As a result, I found out that my aunt had a possible contact in Romania, which was something I did not know beforehand.
I will be expanding my resources by following the web site for The Canadian Association for Young Children. This seemed like a natural choice since I am corresponding with someone from Canada. I also would like to review the Pew Charitable Trust's web site for its PreK Now initiative. I saw this web site in a prior class and was interested in the research-based publications funded by the Trust, so I am glad that this blog assignment is giving me a chance to review the web site's information in detail.
Allison,
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have quite a handle on this assignment and have lots of contacts to gather information from. I am looking forward to hearing what you learn from these many contacts. I haven't given facebook a try yet, but I may just do that today. Thanks for sharing!
Allison,
ReplyDeleteIt sounds as if you will have a lot of pertinent information to share with us in regards to education around the world! I too am glad that this course is giving us the opportunity to really look at the web sites in detail. I look forward to your posts.
Amanda