Saturday, August 13, 2011


We shall demonstrate in our behavior and language respect and appreciation for the unique value and human potential of each child. - DEC Professional Practice I hope to be a source of generative power to the young people I teach.  My wish for them is to realize their unique life's potential. May I never be a barrier to a young child's self-exploration and expression. The dancer and choreographer Martha Graham said, "There is a vitality, a life force...that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique.  And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it."  We all face barriers to self-expression, but it is my earnest hope that such barriers are not introduced in my preschool classroom.

To appreciate the vulnerability of children and their dependence on adults. - NAEYC Ideals in Code of Ethical Conduct
Teachers are guardians of children.  We are their protectors, along with their families.  

To be familiar with the knowledge base of early childhood care and education and to stay informed through continuing education and training. - NAEYC Ideal in Code of Ethical Conduct
This ideal is achievable for me so long as I continue pursuit of my degree at Walden.  There is much to learn!

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading the quote that you shared! Thank you. I agree with your last comment on the code, I am amazed at how many resources have been shared with me these past seven weeks of this course

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you said about wanting each child to realize their unique life's potential! It is our job to make each child feel loved and appreciated. We also need to help them understand that they are beautifully and wonderfully made and if they put their minds to it they can do anything! I always enjoy reading your posts...they always inspire me! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaitlin and Algeria,
    I'm glad you liked my post!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your passion for the early childhood field with me through this course. You seem truly dedicated to this field and I wish you all the luck as you pursue your degree! Thanks again for everything!

    ReplyDelete