![]() |
| Andrew, Mom, Dad, Amanda, Grandmother Babci, me, Grandfather Dziadziu at Dziadziu's 90th Birthday Party this July, 2011 |
As I learn about ways to nurture and care for the children I teach, I remember who cared and nurtured me as a child, and who still do the same– my mother, father, sister and brother. There is my mother with her ever giving soul; my father with his devotion; my younger sister, Amanda, with her gentleness; and my younger brother, Andrew, with his affection. They each filled my childhood with love – always love. That is how my memories are called to mind – not by recall of the detail of events, but instead by recalling a sense of security and love. Mom was always there to read me stories, take me to dance class, hem my clothes, to worry about me, and listen to me – always there. My father attended every recital, coached my teams, handed me highlighted newspaper articles to read, worried about me, and listened to me. He was always there. Amanda loved me simply because I was her big sister, as did my brother; they were fierce in their devotion. They still are. When Andrew visits, his camera is in tow to make beautiful picture books of Annalise and Audrey. My sister loves my daughters as if they were her own, the same way that I love her children. And my parents could not be more devoted to their grandchildren, and the girls to them. My family is teaching my girls how to live in love, just as they did for me, and some day my girls shall do the same for their children. This is as it should be – for every child.

What a great looking family! Your family name is a mouth-full, what nationality is it? I'm jealous you have a sister. I have one half-brother and no sisters. In fact I am the only girl. I have all male cousins!
ReplyDeleteAlison, this is a very nice family picture. You are so lucky to have both your grandparents with you. Make sure you cherish the time you have with them.
ReplyDeleteI like your post, you really get the sense of family....
ReplyDelete